Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Foxy Shazan - Introducing...

I remember the day I saw these dudes live. It was in an ill-lit room with no more than 200 people there. These dudes came out; one with the craziest facial hair I've ever seen and one with the worst bleach job I've ever seen.

Regardless, their set was nothing short of perfect. They played with a bombast and purpose that is hard to find in a lot of modern acts out there today. To mention a few things that happened during the show; the lead singer lit three cigarettes at once and after a few drags he proceeded to eat the cigarettes - lit side first! Also, the singer did a fantastic rendition of the Fresh Prince theme song. To put it bluntly, these boys kicked ass.

Their music is chaotic but soulful. It's innovative and catchy. I really have no means of describing their music, but I know that most music fans would find something they like in this band. This is their first album and I'm super duper stoked for their upcoming releases.

*Note: I didn't upload this album myself so let me know if there's anything with the link.

....Introducing Foxy Shazam

Download
Buy
Stream

No comments:

Post a Comment