Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Delorean - Ayrton Senna EP/Into The Plateau EP

If you had a car that could go back in time, what would you do? I would probably not almost hook up with my mother, but I would probably steal some ideas from the 80s or something and come back and make some sweet EP's.

Delorean does not have the car, but they have the name. And they have some stellar tunes to match. These Spaniards are joining this whole European pop scene going down in Sweden and Iceland and such called Balearic pop or something like that. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to classify this as Balearic by the genre gods, but whatever they remind me of The Tough Alliance and that whole Sincerely Yours thing that's getting real popular with the blogs lately. I dig it.

The Ayrton Senna EP is Delorean's latest release and is probably their best. Fast disco beats against delayed guitars and catchy melodies, layered and supported by digital organ sounds and pianos. Four songs deep, this EP is far too short and I'm looking for an LP to be released sometime here soon.

I put up their previous EP as well just so there's a little more meat to this post. Yeah. Meat.

Ayrton Senna EP




Download
Stream
Buy

Into The Plateau EP


http://a1.phobos.apple.com/us/r30/Music/31/ab/01/mzi.djofsrmc.170x170-75.jpg


Download

No comments:

Post a Comment