Saturday, December 13, 2008

First Post - Yeasayer

Hello, my name is Robbie and I have decided to start a music blog. Mainly for friends, or random people on the interwebz. I definitely do not have a narrow taste when it comes to music so I'm not going to pigeonhole this as a genre-specific blog. If you like what you hear,


PLEASE MAKE AN EFFORT TO SUPPORT THESE ARTISTS. MOST OF THESE ARTISTS I POST HARDLY MAKE A LIVING FROM THE MUSIC I POST. IF YOU DOWNLOAD AN ALBUM AND LIKE IT, PLEASE EITHER BUY THE CD, BUY MERCHANDISE, OR GO TO A SHOW. THESE POSTS ARE JUST AN INTRODUCTION. YOU AS THE LISTENER HAVE A DUTY TO SUPPORT THE MUSIC YOU LIKE.



Instructions for downloading:
I will try to post only MediaFire links. If you do not know how to use share sites all you have to do is follow the directions outlined on each specific websitedThe files will always be either .zip or .rar. To extract .zip files. Right click on the file and click "Extract files" and follow the directions. To extract. rar files you must first download a RAR extractor. I recommend RarZilla. If you download RarZilla all you have to do is right click on the file and click "RarZilla." With all downloding on the internet there is a certain risk in obtaining shared files. I will always download the file first to make sure the files aren't corrupted or have SpyWare. Also hopefully most have correct tags and file names.


Now, the first album I will post is an album called All Hour Cymbals by Yeasayer. This band makes the music that Animal Collective would've made if they never made Strawberry Jam and kept playing acoustic guitars in the woods. Yeasayer uses lush, rich soundscapes to create very ethereal music. The vocals combine Phil Collins-like dramatics with the traditional weird indie vocals. I highly recommend this album if you like Animal Collective/Panda Bear, The Arcade Fire, The Flaming Lips, or Fleet Foxes. Click on Yeasayer - All Hour Cymbals.



Here's the music video for "Wait For The Summer"


And here they are performing "Sunrise"

Thanks for stopping by, and try and visit more often if you'd like to expand your tastes. I will update this weekly or sooner hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment